Conversation about using electrolysis to store electrical energy

This is a conversation I had over messenger with a friend Tony Kirwan about the possibility of using electrolysis to store electrical energy. Did you know electrolysis is an 80% efficient method of storing electrical power I'm thinking airships to ship electricity/hydrogen from Sahara desert they got a bad name in world war 1 cos easy to shoot down and a natural gas container will store hydrogen at 250psi which ain't half bad. Drones can deliver hydrogen to car in open field and fly wherever wind takes them. A reasonable pressure to compress hydrogen is 250 bar Look at Google project loon R u interested? I Must take a look at project loon. 👍 But why fly hydrogen from Sahara? Solar panels and wind turbines on Irish coast could turn salty sea water to hydrogen with electrolysis. 👍 My boss Jose was harvesting more solar than he could use in Spain and had to pay to put it back into grid! I Googled solar in Ireland is 70% as effective as Spain not bad Hydrogen burns in upward direction your safe under it I saw this airship flying low clear as day as a ghost when high as a kite they could be made by Massey Ferguson and used as crop dusters make them safe with flameproof gliders and parachutes and you've a product when in psychiatric hospital I believe I was told it was my father's idea by my phone. I've been inspired by heaven and with the right people we can recover from running out of oil. I've been 9 years trying to make sense of my vision. I'd say getting electrolysis to 80% efficency is an art find out what you can. Makes sense to use airship to move hydrogen. 👍 I just wonder if we could pipe hydrogen from sea after turbines have made it close to home. We could use tap water at home and harvest at home I had my mark 2 celica running on mixture of petrol and hydrogen and oxygen from small electrolysis unit I made from stainless sheets. That turned my well water to hydrogen and oxygen then I sent it into old carburettor of car. 👌 Salt water is better because its more conductive. You know more than me so but salt corrodes It would be great answer to problem of storing extra wind power at off peak hours. A natural gas tank outside would store loads of hydrogen another wan at the other side of the house for well away oxygen n sell 2 hospitals Ya that's why I love it High grade stainless worked very well but you could plate other metals to be even better. More efficient. If we get off our arses I'd say we are rich U like? I'd love to see it rolled out but not sure how to bring it to attention of project developers. I think the idea is better than Elon musks house battery we need to experiment with electrolysis first I think we should aim for winter heating n hot water. Converting back to electricity will lose efficiency Compressing gas safely to be stored in tank needs to be looked at too. All we need to do for that is simple reading I've never seen effective electrolysis we will need to do 10 litres gas a minute and compress it. Remember how slow it was in chemistry class You can buy a gas welding machine that uses electrolysis to make the hydrogen for its welding. It just proves concept faster than me making another. Then use solar or wind to power that. A 1000 gallon lpg tank for storage of winter fuel costs around 2.5k the idea is losing a bit we need to harvest wind in winter so we can use a smaller tank. Solar will continuesly make gas during summer to be used in winter. We will only get a few days storage in an 800 euro tank It has to be cheap The wind can heat the house when the tank is full I have solar panels n battery's and inverter. Just need to make bigger hydrogen cell or purchase welder to show working model. Compressor expense might be a clanger if this isn't I should be able to buy the electrolysis unit which impresses me most on YouTube. I need to fix heating in my house anyway. Sell oxygen for welding I'm beginning to see why Musk loves his silly big $3500 house battery The compressors would be fine on very a very big unit not houses unless dirt cheap and brilliantly designed we need at least 2 If our feasibility study says no way it will pay for itself in 5 years it isn't worth chasing ideally 3. Might be a matter of rearranging logistics We might have problems with explosive gas licences 300 bar compressors are quite reasonable on ebay 250 euro Bad news is they consume 1.8kw Taking up tiles and then painting walls then putting down tiles. 😊 2kw solar panel 2k,2kw wind generator 1200e this would generate continuous 300watts .3x.16x24x365 420euro a year savings Not very viable yet Oxygen 50euro for large industrial cylinder form boc You rent cylinders from boc Hydrogen 8.33 more flammable than petrol by weight Google hydrogen fuel cell used in hydrogen cars yippee Japan leading the way with fuel cells, used in electric cars but hydrogen turned to electric with fuel cell instead of batteries. Fast to fill up instead of charging batteries. They are compressing car fuel upto 800 bar I don't want to be around when it goes bang What do you make of the supercar running on salt water I didn't get the technology Hydrogen fuel cells use platinum as catalyst expensive Toyota making 50k car https://m.phys.org/news/2018-10-manganese-hydrogen-fuel-cells-catalyst.html TUE 8:12 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF-_SQvgV6I&feature=share https://www.real-world-physics-problems.com/salt-water-fuel-cell-car.html You'd want electrolysis 40 times faster than a welder The flame ain't that big I haven't done sums it's an educated guess But a lot hotter. We'll have to do sums but it doesn't look like 1kw Or measure the heat Everything can be scaled up. It would be for proof of concept. So small shed would do for heating by welder. We might not need pumps if electrolysis works at 250 bar 1.23 volts optimum voltage for electrolysis with h2so4 or naoh https://chemistry.stackexchange.com/questions/89728/best-settings-for-electrolysis-of-water According to this we'd want about 1000 amps. It'll be fucking crazy 1000 amps by 1.23v =1.23kw all done at 250 bar possibly 800 for a compeditive unit https://www.metaldetectingworld.com/electrolysis_safety_p40.shtml Are you sure you don't want active involvement still early days and your beginning to see how difficult this is. https://pureenergycentre.com/hydrogen-electrolyser/ they are charging 40k for the cheap model. 3d printing with sculpteo. Com online 3d printing stainless Steel and using www.blender.org by far the best option I suspect 2 prototypes for under 1000 euro Solidworks also possibility Eps might be needed to clean up metal work don't know how to handle insulation and rubber seals https://www.researchgate.net/post/Can_anyone_suggest_a_good_electrical_insulator The 40k unit generates 2.66 m3 hydrogen an hour and generates 15kw. They aint amateurs low pressure though. 15000 amps i suspect https://overunity.com/17567/nz-co-make-2000-efficient-electrolysis/ A lot of people claim free energy by this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkBLPkhdwPc&feature=share It consumes metal which takes lots of energy to manufacture https://www.h2innovativelab.com/about I'm thinking Elon musk is smart going for batteries

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The joys of Reverse Polish Notation

A very solid argument for Gods existence and a message to technology nerds, please leave comments

How the brain works